Acne Management Information
1. General measures:
- Proper cleansing
- Avoid use of cosmetics
- Avoid picking of pimples
- Avoid constipation.
- Diet rich in salads and fruits.
- In tropical towns, the air is often polluted, so the face must be cleaned on returning from work and also when changing from hot to cold places.
- Swertia chiretta or Azadirichta indica capsules or powder in grade I and grade II.
- Antibiotics like Doxycycline or Minocycline in grade m and may be grade II acne.
- Stock or Auto Vaccine in infected cases
- Use of Vitamin A, Zinc.
- Oestrogen, spironolactone or cyproterone acetate (Diane - 35-50).
- Retinoids as a last resort because of severe side-effects. Avoid pregnancy during and after treatment for at least 3 years.