What is Back Acne?
Back acne is very rare type of acne and it is very hard to treat as well. Acne on the back is much more resistant to treatment than facial acne, so you need to treat it aggressively. Also, skin on the back is tougher, so it can take tougher products.
Thus, a prescription Retin A cream or 10 percent benzoyl peroxide wash may be used. As a last resort, accutane is used, though in higher dosages than for facial acne.
Tips for curing Back Acne
- Shower as soon as possible after perspiring. Never go straight into the steam room after a sweaty workout-shower first to get rid of dirt and bacteria.
- You should probably change your shirt twice a day whether you exercise or not to avoid bacteria buildup that can further aggravate your acne.
- Wear cotton clothing and use powder to keep your back dry.
- If necessary, you can apply antiperspirant to your back (but don't do this if you are doing vigorous activity - sweating is necessary to keep you from overheating).
- Since bacteria can exacerbate the condition, always wear clean clothes, bras and T-shirts when working out and put a clean towel down before lying on exercise machines or mats at the gym.