What is Dry Skin?
Dry skin is a common skin problem which affects all age groups. It commonly occurs during winters. It may become harmful when cracks develop and it may cause infection in them.
Dry Skin is usually a long-term problem that recurs often, especially in the winter.
What are the causes of Dry Skin?
The cause of Dry skin is the insufficient moisture.
Dry air can cause your skin to become dry and itchy. In your home, use a humidifier to put moisture in the air during the winter and in dry weather.
Treatment and Home Remedy for Dry Skin
- A moisturizer might be all you need to relieve itching.
- If a moisturizer does not help enough, you could try using 1 percent hydrocortisone steroid skin cream for a week.
- If this is not helpful, your doctor may prescribe stronger steroids or antihistamine pills.
- Keep the skin well lubricated and moist.
- Use lukewarm water to soak the dry skin affected areas.